Apply On Line
Apply on line now to have along the aisle quicker. Print out of the verification page and take it into our workplace together with your your spouse. Our target is workplace associated with the Clerk and Recorder, Webb Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 101 in downtown Denver.
Our workplaces are available 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., through Friday monday. We have been closed on municipal breaks.
If you use assistive technology and tend to be struggling to access this content associated with papers, please contact the wedding department.
Criteria & Procedures
How exactly to make an application for a wedding or Civil Union permit
To try to get a permit, both both you and your partner must can be found in individual on the job for the Clerk and Recorder, on the very first flooring regarding the Webb Municipal business building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver.
Save time by applying online. Have a look at this guide to assist you sail through the program procedure.
Our office hours are 8 a.m. To 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our workplace is closed on municipal holiday breaks.
Concerns you shall be expected
- The date that you will be engaged and getting married
- What your location is marrying (permit just legitimate in Colorado)
- The precise date and location of one’s divorce proceedings or past partner’s death. Both events should be in a position to offer these records. You must provide the name of your partner in the civil union if you were previously in a civil union and are marrying someone else.
- Understand your relationship if associated by bloodstream
- The town and state where moms and dads of both ongoing events had been created
- The wedding permit charge is $30, payable by cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). A listing of charges can here be found.
- You could marry in the front of a judge, via a ceremony that is religious or by self-solemnizing (this means you marry by signing the certificate yourselves)
- The certification should be finalized in Colorado within 35 times through the date the permit had been granted
- The finished wedding certification (and attached license) needs to be came back towards the Clerk and Recorder for recording within 63 times after solemnization. After that date, late charges will apply
- Bloodstream tests are not necessary in Colorado, and there’s no period that is waiting
- Candidates do not need to be Colorado residents
Both you and your meant spouse each must provide one of these simple legitimate kinds of recognition
- U.S. Driver that is state-issued permit or allow
- U.S. State-issued ID
- U.S. Armed forces ID
- Passport this is certainly bilingual or multilingual and includes English or passport having a certified english language interpretation if non-English
The title in the permit will appear just as it’s in the IDs supplied to us.
You need to supply a Social Security quantity when you yourself have one. If a person regarding the events won’t have a Social Security quantity (they truly are from a different country or they’ve been along the way of acquiring U.S. Citizenship), they’re not necessary to get one to obtain hitched.
Take note: Birth certificates, baptismal certificates and Foreign Consular IDs aren’t appropriate types of recognition for wedding or union that is civil. A delivery certification might be employed to verify date of delivery when presented along with one of many legitimate kinds of recognition mentioned above.
Ceremonies, Officials & Personal Solemnization
Your marriage must be solemnized; then the wedding application and certification must certanly be recorded.
A wedding could be solemnized by the officiant that has been ordained or acquiesced by a spiritual denomination, a judge of a court, a retired judge, a court magistrate, a public official whoever abilities include solemnization of marriages, an indigenous United states tribal official or anybody you like who is ordained.
Clergy ordained away from state don’t need to be registered in Colorado to do a marriage.
Denver County Court keeps a summary of judges whom perform weddings throughout the week, on weekends, as well as in the nights.
The official that this post is solemnizing finish your marriage certification.