Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral marital relationship regulations, whichindicates that same gender couples can receive married under the same ailments as contrary sex married couples. As an international person without residency in Sweden you can, in many cases, additionally obtain married in Sweden.
Requirements and also techniques when marrying
You put on’ t have to live( possess residency) in Sweden or even possess aswedish womencitizenship to get wed in Sweden. If neither of bothhave Swedishcitizenship or even post degree residency in Sweden, they require possess residency (or even one have citizenship and also the various other one have post degree residency) in a nation where very same sex partnership or marriage is legal.
Inquiry right into restraints to marriage
Before a couple can easily wed, the SwedishTax Obligation Organization (Skatteverket) have to carry out a questions into detriments of relationship (hindersprövning). The bride and groom has to file a written ask for to the SwedishTax Obligation Company. Application, regrettably simply in Swedish, could be found at the Organization’ s web site.
According to Swedishlegislation, the complying withare considered inhibitions to marital relationship:
- being under the age of 18 (the Region Administrative Board (Länsstyrelsen) may grant an exemption coming from this regulation)
- being married or signed up as companion to a person aside from the one you will wed
- being very closely related to the individual you’ re mosting likely to get married to; a straight direct ascendant or spin-off or a total brother or sister. Embraced siblings are looked at full siblings by the law, but can easily acquire consent to marry from the County Administrative Panel, to wed.
When the SwedishTax Company has actually made the questions you get a certificate presenting that the questions is actually finished as well as, if all goes well, a marital relationship certificate. The certificate is valid for four months coming from the time of accreditation. The certifications are to become provided to the official performing the marriage.
Foreigners not residing in Sweden
If the bride and groom are actually immigrants not residing in Sweden, they might merely obtain wed if eachof them possess a legal right to marry or even sign up a collaboration depending on to the regulation of the condition were they possess residency or citizenship. It’ s enoughif eachof them possess residency, or some of them has citizenship as well as the various other one has post degree residency, in a country were actually the bride and groom possess a lawful right to get married to or even sign up an alliance.
If among the all of them is actually a swedish brides consumer or even have residency in Sweden, they may wed in Sweden regardless of whether the other husband or wife possesses residency or even citizenship in a nation were it’ s unlawful for same-sex pairs to receive married/register an alliance.
The person without an official link to Sweden need to (among the submitting of the composed request for a questions in to restraints of marriage) create a personal browse throughto an Income tax Agency workplace to supply relevant information concerning place of birth, birthplace, citizenship, sex, marital condition and, if needed, provide a deed of splitting up or a deathcertificate of a former companion.
In situations where none of the prospective spouses have a formal hookup, bothof them have to submit either:
- a relationship certificate given out througha seasoned authority in their condition of citizenship or even post degree residency, or even
- a certificate showing the appropriate regulations of law in eachof their states of citizenship or post degree residency as well as a certification revealing their marital status. The certifications are actually just authentic when given out througha capable authority in the condition to whichthey apply, or even by a proficient home authority in Sweden (including an embassy or various other equivalent authorization).
None of the certifications might be more mature than 4 months.