The sixth in our most photogenic destination series is the Dominican Republic. Planning a Dominican Republic wedding is wonderful because it is location just two hours south of Miami, which is nice if you are hoping to bring friends and family along for a destination wedding.
The Dominican Republic is the second largest and most diverse Caribbean country that features amazing nature, history and culture. It is the perfect place if you are looking for a destination wedding with amazing beaches and views.
Eugenio with The Wedding Traveler had the opportunity to photograph a Dominican Republic wedding at the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort between Myron and Tannia. He was able to get some wonderful shots the day of the wedding rehearsal as well!
Here is what Eugenio had to say about the couple’s journey:
“This journey between Myron and Tannia started with their engagement session in Half Moon Bay and San Francisco area; it was an amazing weekend full of beautiful places and locations to shoot.
Even though their backgrounds are very different; Tannia is from Ecuador and Myron from Vietnam, their professions placed them on the same path at the right time. I was so fortunate to be the one to capture their chemistry, personalities and love for each other.”
“When the time came, Tannia and Myron said “I do” at the exotic Paradisus Punta Cana Resort in the Dominican Republic. The venue was gorgeous, and the bride’s vision came together beautifully with the help of “destinationweddings.com”. The catholic ceremony was held on the beach, the scenery could not have been more perfect for this lovely union.
This wedding was a labor of love for not just the couple, but for everyone who participated in it. Their families and friends not only came form far to attend the wedding, but they were an vital part of the logistic of the wedding. A beautiful tea ritual was part of the events, the bride was dressed in ao dai and the groom was dressed in the traditional Vietnamese suit. I was so glad that i was part of Tannia and Myron’s big day.”
Here are more of the amazing photos from their Dominican Republic wedding:
Thank you so much Eugenio for sharing these beautiful photos of this Dominican Republic wedding between Myron and Tannia. To see more photos or to get more information about Eugenio, visit his website at The Wedding Traveler.
Thinking of Planning a Dominican Republic Wedding?
The Dominican Republic offers so many options if you are wanting to plan a wedding in this gorgeous destination. Say I Do in a historic church in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo or choose the backdrop of the aging stones of Altos de Chavon’s St. Stanislaus Church. Or, simply enjoy a beautiful beach ceremony with a gorgeous view of the many beaches in the Dominican Republic.
From amazing resorts overlooking sand-swept beaches and miles upon miles of clear waters, to beautiful greens and luxury resorts, there is something for every bride and groom. Here are a few of our favorite venues and resorts that may be perfect for your wedding day:
- Paradisus Punta Cana: Shown in the wedding photos here, the Paradisus Punta Cana is an all-inclusive resort that is an oasis with beautiful white sands and crystalline waters of the legendary Playa de Bavaro. The resort offers open-air architecture with tropical gardens, native mangrove forests, soaring palm trees, entertainment and more.
- Puntacana Resort & Club: Features a number of elegant settings for unforgettable destination weddings. Choose to have your reception right on the beach on Playa Blanca, at the beautiful La Cana Golf & Beach Club with interiors designed by Oscar de la Renta.
- Westin Punta Cana Resort: This resort offers many locations to say I do, from intimate executive suites to grand oceanfront venues. Enjoy beautiful views of Playa Blanca and all the amazing amenities of a Westin property.
- Villa Castellamonte: A private beachfront villa resort that has a semi-private beach and full luxury amenities. The villa is perched on a soaring sea-cliff overlooking the beach and the sea.
- Convento De Los Dominicos: If you are looking to marry in a Catholic church, here is one that is very popular to destination weddings. A 16th century building that housed the first university in the Americas. This church is located in Santo Domingo.
For more detailed information about planning a Dominican Republic wedding, visit the Dominican Republic tourism website.
When you are not at the wedding, there are so many activities and things to do, that you will never have a dull moment. Enjoy adventure and the outdoors with hiking, watersports or simply relaxing on the beautiful beaches. Take an excursion to really experience the land with a tour guide, or check out some of the amazing nightlife. And do not forget about baseball!
Looking For a Dominican Republic Wedding Photographer?
If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Dominican Republic, be sure to check out The Wedding Traveler, whose photos were included in this post. Here are a few other SnapKnot members you should be sure to also check out:
- Nadia de la Rosa Professional Photography and Video
- Javier Olivero Photography
- Gabriel Ortiz Fotografia
SnapKnot has many photographers listed in different destinations around the world. If you are planning a destination wedding you can search for photographers in any location in our Find Photographers search.