The second in our most photogenic destination series is Aspen, Colorado. An Aspen wedding can be such an amazing and beautiful experience. With the majestic mountains – snow covered through the winter months – beautiful landscapes and a numerous amount of various luxury hotels and venues, there are endless possibilities for an Aspen wedding.
Jesse with Jesse La Plante Photography photographed Michelle and Josh during their wedding at Maroon Bells in Aspen, Colorado – known as the “most photographed mountains in North America.” This is what Jesse had to say about this Aspen wedding:
“The iconic Maroon Bells outside of Aspen, Colorado hold the title of “most photographed mountain peaks in North America…” and for good reason! The majestic location, which is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, is a popular destination for tourists, hikers, wildlife enthusiasts, and of course, brides and grooms-to-be. Michelle and Josh chose the venue for their wedding not only because of its natural beauty, but also because it’s the very spot in which they fell in love years earlier. A small amphitheater nestled into the side of a gentle, sloping hill served as the ceremony location and, after the nuptials, we hiked down to the lake with the newlyweds for a relaxed portrait session. It was a beautiful day, a photogenic location, a great couple, and a memorable wedding.”
Here are the amazing photos from their photo shoot.
Thank you so much Jesse for sharing these beautiful photos from the Aspen wedding at Maroon Bells. Be sure to check out the profile of Jesse La Plante Photography for more of his beautiful photos and details about his services.
Thinking of Planning an Aspen Wedding?
Aspen, Colorado is such a beautiful place to say “I do.” You could have your wedding looking out over beautiful mountains, with the sound of a running river nearby. Or, you may prefer to have a ceremony and reception outside in an open field surrounded by wildflowers native to the area. If you want to be indoors, you can plan for an indoor location with beautiful mountain views. No matter what you choose, an Aspen wedding brings with it such a romantic atmosphere.
If you love the warmer months, the greenery and beauty of the outdoors shines in Aspen. If you are a lover of winter, and you long to have a snow-filled day, an Aspen wedding is perfect for you! Anytime of year is a wonderful time to get married in Aspen!
You can choose between many options in accommodations and venues for your Aspen wedding. A few of our favorites include:
- Hotel Aspen: This boutique hotel is perfect for a smaller, more intimate wedding. The property also partners with several large event venues around the Aspen area for groups that require larger event spaces. It offers breathtaking mountain views, skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and more.
- Ashcroft Pine Creek Cookhouse: A beautiful venue caters to groups of up to 60 in the private dining room, to weddings and large dinners. The restaurant offers legendary views of 14,000 foot peaks and nestled in a virgin Aspen grove at the base of the Elk mountain range.
- The Little Nell Hotel: This is the only five-star, five-diamond property in Aspen and the only hotel with ski-in, ski-out access to historic Aspen Mountain. Their flexible and inviting facilities can accommodate 20 to 500 people and the unique location at the base (and top) of Aspen Mountain make this a venue that you will remember!
- Theater Aspen: A unique and beautiful location for an Aspen wedding nestled in the Rio Grande Park. Offering both indoor and outdoor event spaces, your event will take place surrounded by water features, flowers and peace and serenity of the John Denver Sanctuary.
- Viceroy Snowmass: This new property in Snowmass Village can be regal and rugged to intimate and personal and their spaces are ideal venues for stylish and unforgettable weddings. They can host weddings from 10 to 280, all with a gorgeous backdrop of the Rocky Mountains.
If you are interested in having a destination wedding in Aspen, the Aspen Chamber of Commerce offers wedding planner services to help you plan everything from your flowers, hairstylist, photographers and more!
Since Aspen offers so many outdoor things to do in both the warmer and cooler months, there are wedding group activities and excursions that you can set up that you and your wedding guests will never forget.
- Winter Adventures – Introduce your wedding guests to the beauty of Aspen on snowshoes, cross country skis or even by dogsled! Or if you would prefer something a bit more leisurely, how about a horse-drawn carriage ride to a remote cabin for dinner?
- Summer Adventures – Enjoy some heart-pumping adventures like paragliding trips or a bike ride down the Rio Grande or kick back during a romantic hot air balloon trip. The men will love a day of golf or fly-fishing and the ladies may prefer to relax in the spa or take a hike.
You can visit the Aspen Chamber site for all the information you need in planning your Aspen wedding!
Need an Aspen, Colorado Wedding Photographer?
SnapKnot has many photographers listed in different destinations around the world. If you are planning a destination wedding you can search for photographers in any location in our Find Photographers search. Here are a few wedding photographers listed in Aspen, Colorado:no comments