Do you remember the last time you were really excited to shoot a wedding? Maybe it was yesterday or, for the more time-worn pros, years ago. While new cameras and lenses contribute to good photography only a little (most of the work comes from you), new gear and all the various wedding photography equipment keeps things exciting and adds a fresh look to your craft.
There is a lot of great wedding photography equipment out there but here the 7 favorites that Borrowlenses.com thinks all photographers should try shooting with sometime this year!
Imagine yourself photographing a wedding or engagement session and at the same time you get to explore a new style of camera! Amazing! Here are our top wedding photography equipment that every photographer should check out:
Why you’ll love them:
• Designed specifically for creative shooting with color accuracy and rich contrast.
• Stable build material means you can shoot rain or shine.
• Fast autofocus with a quiet motor will allow you to catch every shot with stealth.
Give these lenses a go in the mount of your choice:
Why can’t flashes be both powerful and cordless? Profoto says they can. This Profoto B1 wedding photography equipment is:
• Powerful enough to take outside without having to plug in anything.
• Fast enough to freeze liquid drops and other high speed subjects.
• Delivers 220 full-powered flashes on 1 charge.
Use the Profoto B1 with umbrellas or softboxes to product beautiful light on your subject. For a long wedding, pick up the Location Kit and a spare battery. For worry-free TTL event lighting, also grab the Air Remote TTL-C Transmitter for Canon.
How Zeiss made a lens this sharp is practically magic and here’s why it will put a spell on you:
• Made for today’s high-resolution camera sensors, this lens gives images a “medium format” look.
• The 55mm length is perfectly suited for partial body and full body portraits – very popular for weddings.
• Smooth, fully manual focusing, along with flare free optics and bright, easy-to-read guides will make you feel like a cinematographer!
Get rid of all the weight of other wedding photography equipment and join the party with your small flash – but don’t risk having it die on you mid-show. Why you can’t ignore battery packs:
• 100 vs 400: Flashes fire only about 100 times on full power with AA batteries. Add a battery pack and you can stay on the floor 4 times longer.
• Reduces the time in between flashes so that you can keep firing.
• HV cycler ports accept cables that are compatible with a variety of battery packs that you can mix and match.
Don’t be fooled by its smaller size and plastic feel – this reinvented 24-70 is so sharp and fast it has Nikon shooters feeling left out. The 24-70 has long been a wedding photographer favorite and it only gets better with version II:
• Half the weight keeps your shooting longer than with the original 24-70.
• A lock prevents your zoom from drifting and helps protect the lens during transport.
• Have it all in one lens: it’s fast, good in low light, and covers a wide range of distances from wide to telephoto.
If you have to shoot an entire event with only 1 lens, the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II will do the job with stunning results.
Here’s a quick way to add sparkle to your detail shots with this particular piece of wedding photography equipment:
• Pick up a portable LED, like the Croma On-Camera LED Light, the Micro LED Hotshoe Light, or the MicroPro LED Hotshoe Light and a handful of AA batteries.
• Use it for closeup shots of rings, bouquets, invitations, and centerpieces.
• Earn the praise of your videographer for using a light source suitable for video, too!
Light like a pro without all the fuss. The Croma lets you change intensity and temperature to mimic golden hour light, requires no wires, and is easily positioned with a pivoting hotshoe mount.
The secret to a great shoot is not just about being prepared or experienced – it is also about having fun and pushing yourself to try new things. Discover your next favorite piece of gear at BorrowLenses.com!
Be sure to also read this great article on how to protect your gear when photographing outdoors.
Wedding photography equipment is very important to any photographer and it is a great idea to try out all the different offerings to see what works best for you and makes you the most comfortable when you are shooting a wedding, engagement or any other session! Use this discount to try out some new wedding photography equipment from our friends at BorrowLenses.no comments