In this guide we check typical IELTS concerns and recommend possible topic sentences. When you look at the audio guide these sentences are further enhanced in order to avoid repetition, and rewritten to enhance their effectiveness.
We additionally cover:
- Simple tips to expand your vocabulary
- Eliminating redundancy in your sentences
- Steps to start concisely start your essay
- Just how to stick to subject
Subject sentences form the backbone of your IELTS Task 2 essay. A subject sentence is a phrase that catches the essence of one’s paragraph. It introduces your reader to your subject or point that is main you attempt to make for the reason that paragraph and sets the tone for all of those other paragraph.
The examiner must be able to read this issue phrase, and know what the immediately remaining portion of the paragraph are going to be about. Which means this right component is vital. Think about it as building an impression that is first a date.
Check out other pointers before we carry on:
You will need to browse the concern extremely carefully to enable you to order your arguments in a coherent way.
You really need to describe your role and compose a coherent argument. It can help to prepare your response or argument before you start.
Each paragraph should include one main idea/point. This is how your subject sentences also come in. This phrase may be the primary concept or point which you want to make within the paragraph.
Your essay consists of paragraphs which have supporting points. Each paragraph should bond to form a coherent whole essay. The sentence that is topic just one single solution to create your writing shine!
Listed below are 10 types of subject sentences as you are able to practice with for your IELTS essay. We have included the questions and examples on what you can compose a paragraph.
- Many people argue that it’s the obligation for the authorities to teach kiddies about good behaviour in culture, whereas other people genuinely believe that parents must certanly be in charge of teaching their children how exactly to act in an appropriate means. Discuss both views and provide your personal opinion.
It’s the obligation of this authorities to teach kids about good behavior …
The authorities and parents have a shared responsibility to show young ones about good behavior
- Many people think that more females should always be motivated to follow professions into the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), although some think that ladies are obviously designed for jobs into the Humanities/ personal Sciences, such as for example teaching and psychology. Discuss your views and viewpoint.
You will find perhaps not sufficient women pursuing jobs into the industries of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics( STEM)
Women can be better designed for professions within the Humanities/Social Sciences
- Experts argue that the utilization of modern gadgets, such as for example cellphones and pills, by young adults has got the prospective to improve creativity. Would you agree or disagree?
There is proof that the utilization of contemporary devices by young adults does in reality increase their creativity
The usage contemporary devices decreases the creativity of young adults
- Social media marketing platforms, such as for example Twitter and Twitter, are becoming an even more source that is important of and information for teenagers, than newspapers. Would you concur or disagree?
Instance: social networking platforms, such as Twitter and Twitter, are becoming a source that is major of and information for young adults
Example: magazines continue to be a more crucial supply of news and information for young adults than social networking companies
- Youngsters ought to be instructed inside their home language for the initial 6 several years of college.
Example: Young learners should be taught within their house language in the 1st 6 several years of their education
It is really not necessary for youngsters become taught within their home language in the 1st several years of college
Or even more higher level:
Pupils will not need to be taught inside their house language in the 1st 6 many years of their training
- Nowadays women can be having kids at a much later on age than past generations. You think this a confident or thing that is negative? Discuss both edges.
Example: Nowadays females have actually kids much later on in life than they did within the past
Presently females begin families much later on in life than previously press the link right now (vague? )
- In lots of nations women can be opting to not have kiddies. Some individuals think that having kiddies stifles a woman’s job growth. As to what degree would you concur or disagree?
Example: Having kiddies may take a cost for a woman’s job
Feminine jobs been hindered by starting families is (unfortunately) an extremely concern that is common both females and companies.
- Nowadays children are confronted with more violence and sex into the news than before. Which are the cause of this? Is this the best thing or a bad thing?
Example: There are lots of factors why people that are young more sexual and violent news than before
- Moms and dads should do more to safeguard kids from cyberbullying. From what degree can you concur or disagree?
Example: Parents can perform great deal to safeguard kids from cyberbullying
Parenting nowadays is now increasingly more technical largely thanks as a result of the cyber and internet bullying.
Regarding protecting their kiddies online, moms and dads have to locate a stability between their child’s online freedom and becoming on line helicopter moms and dads.
Specially since most parents are not digital natives.
- Some individuals genuinely believe that kids must not have a cellular phone until they will have reached their teenagers, whereas other people think that kids must have mobile phones at an age that is early. Discuss both views and present your own personal opinion
Sample: Children really should not be allowed to have a cellular phone until they truly are 13
Parents should encourage cellular phone use at a very early age
You can write your topic sentence as you have seen, there are many different ways. The sentence that is topic the backbone of one’s paragraph- it really is in which you state your primary point, so it’s important to have this right.
I really hope you discover the above mentioned examples and tips useful in your planning when it comes to IELTS writing task!
You can easily download or pay attention to the version that is audio:
Female Voice: You are now actually paying attention into the IELTS podcast. Study on tutors and ex-examiners
Who will be masters of IELTS planning. Your host, Ben Worthington.
Ben: Ten types of subject sentences for the IELTS essays. In this guide, we intend to have a look at ten other ways of opening your IELTS essay, not only the introduction nevertheless the paragraphs too; the physical human body paragraphs. We’re going to check out ways to expand your language. We’ll glance at eliminating redundancy and succinct academic English– well, to publish concise scholastic English. This ability is certainly crucial; how exactly to concisely start your essay and how to keep on subject.
In case you’ve forgotten or in case it’s your first time listening to IELTS podcast before we start, I’ll just remind you. My name’s Ben Worthington and we’ve been doing these IELTS tutorials for pretty much 5 years now therefore we keep growing and growing. During the web site, at ieltspodcast.com, you may get feedback in your essays — on the writing should you want to enhance faster.
There’s the online course with the guarantee of jump to musical organization 7 or it is free. The guarantee is actually for those pupils who will be at 6.5 and who are able to prove it before stating the program. But, we’ve had tremendous success with pupils going from band 6 up to band 7, from 5.5 up to 6.5. Some students even get musical organization 8 or band 9 since there is a person element in this course in other words. You feedback because we have teachers looking at your essays and giving.
If you’re at a musical organization 7 currently and they’re giving you feedback, then clearly the feedback will likely be as a result to your present level. Therefore, they’re planning to push youtowards a band 8 or a band 9– we are going to push you.