When deciding which university to attend for the next four years, it really is so valuable to look at the college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a pupil for each campus. What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until May 1, we curently have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you decide to come to USC, here’s an outline of this steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our site for more information about how precisely to apply for school funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you’ve got a better chance to getting the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are not 100% sure you are arriving at USC next year, you’ll submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a chance that is great spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you are going to additionally create courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business times once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high college transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB Higher Level exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the AP that is various and exams.
When you have concerns that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help answr fully your questions and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last 12 months’s freshman course!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a positive learning environment by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted within the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing students with the opportunity to interact with students from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called Global Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM, a top Mexican university, also as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing computer software.
USC additionally ranks sixth into the nation for sending pupils abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not desire to stay away from USC for too much time, we also offer many summer programs. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company are able to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can shmoop.pro improve their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer coping with a host family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students utilizing the opportunity to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a weeks that are few students will always be on-campus and investigate an issue that is global in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, in order to name a few!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re certainly a global place!