SnapKnot’s list of Riverside, California photographers has a wonderful new addition – Vis Phototgraphy! Leah Vis is an energetic, family-oriented photographer who creates romantic wedding photos of brides and their groom. Get to know this incredible photographer a little closer:
1) Tell us a bit about yourself.
Why this is such a hard question to answer! I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Rob, and I’m a mommy to a little boy and girl. Having little ones is one of life’s biggest treasures. I’m also an art-lover. I love to create whether that’s with photography or play dough creations with my 4-year-old.
2) Why did you choose to become a photographer?
As with a lot of people nowadays, I kind of fell into it. I’ve always loved art. My mom is an amazing painter, and she has definitely given me her love for beauty.
3) How long have you been a photographer?
4) How would you classify your style of photography?
Romantic, vintage-looking, full of life
5) Who or what are some of your influences on either a personal or professional level?
I worked for Christine Racz for 2 years. She was so amazing as she worked with people to make them feel comfortable. That’s the biggest thing I took away from my time with her, and I think that’s the most valuable talent to have as an artist who works with people.
6) Do you have any good wedding stories?
I almost always get choked up during the ceremony or the special dances. The father-daughter and mother-son dances always get me because I imagine Rob and I with our kiddos.
7) What’s your preferred type of camera equipment?
2 Canon 5d Mark II’s
Canon 70-200 L 2.8
Canon 50mm L 1.2
Canon 35mm L 1.4
Canon 100mm macro
1 Canon Speedlite 580 EX II
2 Canon Speedlites 580 EX
1 Canon Speedlite
2 Pocket Wizards Plus II
8) What would you recommend for a couple just starting their search for a wedding photographer?
When you’re meeting with potential photographers, try to imagine them with you all day on your wedding day. Do your personalities go well together? Will they blend in well that day?
9) Any fun personal facts we should know about you?
Anything else to add about yourself, the wedding industry, photography, brides, grooms, etc?
I’ve never seen Star Wars