Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Research by Keyword or Citation
1. Any old-fashioned installment loan lender certified under parts 367.100 to 367.200 or section 408.510 will be allowed to create loans and fee costs and interest as authorized under parts 408.100, 408.140, and 408.170.
2. No charter supply, ordinance, guideline, purchase, license, policy, guideline, or any other government action of every governmental subdivision regarding the state, town, town, county, or any agency, authority, board, payment, division, or officer thereof shall:
(1) Prevent, restrict, or discourage old-fashioned installment loan loan providers from lending under parts 408.100, 408.140, and 408.170;
(2) counter, restrict, or discourage installment that is traditional loan providers from running in every location where any loan provider whom makes loans payable in equal installments over significantly more than three months is allowed; or
(3) Create disincentives for almost any old-fashioned installment loan lender from doing financing under sections 408.100, 408.140, and 408.170.
The conditions with this subsection shall perhaps not apply where a charter supply or legitimate ordinance as of August 28, 2014, expressly pertains to old-fashioned installment loan companies.
3. The following terms shall mean as used in this section
(1) “Fully amortized”, the main, thought as amount financed beneath the federal Truth in Lending Act, additionally the planned interest, thought as finance fee under the federal Truth in Lending Act, are paid back in significantly equal several installments at fixed intervals to meet the buyer’s responsibility;
(2) “Traditional installment loan”, fixed price, fully amortized closed-end extensions of direct customer loans. Nonetheless, if some of the after are real, the deal is certainly not a installment loan that is traditional
(a) The deal includes a payment term of just one hundred eighty-one times or less and it is guaranteed because of the name to your debtor’s car or car;
(b) The transaction calls for that the complete level of the credit extended along with all costs and costs for the credit be paid back in ninety-one times or less;
(c) The deal’s planned repayment plan contains a number of interest-only repayments or a repayment that is significantly more than 10 % higher than the typical of most other scheduled payment amounts;
(d) The transaction, at origination, calls for the debtor:
A. A preapproved automated clearing house or its equivalent to agree to a preauthorized automatic withdrawal in the form of a bank draft
B. To consent to an allotment or an understanding to defer presentment of just one or maybe more contemporaneously-dated or postdated checks; or
C. To settle the mortgage in complete at a debtor’s next payday or any other recurring deposit period, where in fact the payment is linked to a bank-account;
(3) “Traditional installment loan lender”, a licensee under parts 367.100 to 367.200 or section 408.510 whose direct customer loans are restricted simply to conventional installment loans.
4. Absolutely nothing in this part shall use to or preempt any ordinance governing installment loan providers, or any amendment to any such ordinance, in a house rule town with additional than four hundred thousand inhabitants and positioned in one or more county.
FindLaw Codes are supplied thanks to Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online appropriate research system. To get more step-by-step codes research information, including annotations and citations, please check out Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may well not mirror the absolute most version that is recent of legislation in your jurisdiction. Please validate the status associated with the rule you might be researching with all the state legislature or via Westlaw before counting on it for the legal requirements.