This post is a bit belated, but a couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to attend a reception at the Hyatt Harborside Hotel in Boston, MA to celebrate the success of Beantown Bride and their editorial partner Two Bright Lights.
It was a classy, fun affair and I was able to connect with some great people in the Boston wedding industry – both wedding photographers and others involved in the Hub wedding scene.
It’s always nice for us to meet people in person – face-to-face networking continues to be very valuable for us, the ascendancy of the social mediasphere and digital networking notwithstanding.
It was also great to meet several people who had heard of us! (Must be doing something right.)
I also was fortunate enough to meet:
- Binita Patel (now on SnapKnot!)
- Brett Alison (now on SnapKnot!)
- Lydia of the delectable, marshmallow-indulgent Sweet Lydia’s
- Eileen Saliba, Owner of Table Toppers of Newton
- Harper Della-Piana of SEAMS Couture and Co-chair of the Elegantly Green Wedding Showcase, Boston’s 1st green wedding show
- DJs Peter & Erin of Sound Choice
- Justice of the Peace Melvin Baran (email: email@example.com) – Melvin had some hilarious stories
Special thanks to Clark + Walker Studio (also now on SnapKnot!) for photography and videography during the event. You can see photos from the evening (here I am!) and check out this sweet video interview with Brittany Blando, Founder and Creative Director of Beantown Bride.
Although I was unable to connect with everyone there (too many people and not enough schmoozing time), I wanted to mention several others who were involved with the event:
- Bols Genever (great cocktails!)
- RC Uplighting – special event lighting
- Pink Orchid Weddings – wedding planning
- Cakes for Occasions
- Cakes by Nichole