There are so many amazing destinations around the world that are so beautiful and make for some great wedding photos. We are going to feature a new destination every week in our most photogenic destinations series. Everyone loves the beach and a Bahamas wedding, with the clear waters, beautiful resorts and amazing scenery, can create a beautiful backdrop in any wedding – and the wedding photography!
Wayne with Optimmax Photography, in Nassau, Bahamas, photographed a destination wedding at Melia Beach between Janee and Vanjah. This is what Wayne had to say:
“Janee and Vanjah saw my work on SnapKnot and once they contacted me here in Nassau and we finalized all the arrangements, we met on a beautiful sunset evening on Melia Beach and we took some amazing photos. The couple was young and very much in love. We combined our ideas for different poses and with the gorgeous island background, it made for a perfect photo session where we were able to capture images that they absolutely loved!”
Here are the gorgeous photos from their Bahamas wedding photo shoot:
From the beautiful sandy beaches, green palm tree and the blue sky, these Bahama wedding photos are simply stunning. Having a beach wedding allows you to be a bit more casual – if that is what you want! Janee and Vanjah look so in love, relaxed and happy barefoot while walking hand-in-hand along the shore.
Thank you so much Wayne for sharing those beautiful photos! You can see more photos and get information about Wayne and the services he offers on the Optimaxx Photography page.
Thinking Of Planning a Bahamas Wedding?
Beautiful white sand beaches, clear blue skies and turquoise water can be such a beautiful location for your wedding celebration. Imagine taking a photo with your new spouse overlooking a breath-taking ocean reef or on the white sandy beach with the ocean waves gently crashing at your feet. The Bahamas offer more than 700 cays, reefs, beaches, parks, botanical gardens, churches and more, which provide endless ways to say “I do!” What a wonderful destination to get married!
Are you not sure where you want to get married in the Bahamas? Each of the Bahama Islands offer a different type of destination.
- The Abacos are known for their spectacular wedding sites with beautiful turquoise waters that surround the island, quaint colonial towns and miles of awesome beaches.
- Bimini offers a somewhat magic experience with quaint churches that have unusual architecture for very interesting photo backdrops.
- Grand Bahama Island offers a mix of historic charm, modern attractions and ecological wonders that are perfect for starting your life together.
- Nassau & Paradise Island offers a distinct blend of international glamour and tropical ease.
- The Exumas offer miles of gorgeous beaches that are absolutely perfect for getting those postcard perfect wedding photographs to remember your day forever!
The Bahamas also has 16 different wedding packages, each that offer their own unique experiences in their own unique locations. If you are looking for something more recluse, you could do the “Lost In Your Embrace” package in Bimini, Bahamas that let’s you say “I do” in Ernest Hemingway’s hideaway. The island is also known for the “Lost City of Atlantis,” so you can not get much more recluse than that! Or, music, fun and dancing seems like what you are looking for, the “Colour Me with Love” package in Nassau would be perfect because you get Junkanoo dancers at your ceremony.
A few resorts that may be great to check out if you are planning a Bahamas wedding – that would also make for beautiful wedding photographs include:
- The British Colonial Hilton Nassau offers wonderful accommodations, international culinary options, a private beach and luxurious amenities that are perfect for your wedding day! They also offer an attentive wedding staff, array of indoor and outdoor settings and myriad of services and special touches.
- The Graycliff Hotel is the only one place in The Bahamas that brings spectacular cuisine, superb wines, gracious living and impeccible taste together in one renowned resort. Graycliff provides an intimate and magnificent retreat for your wedding day.
- The One&Only Ocean Club is one of the most exclusive destinations in The Bahamas. The resort echoes the glamorous ambience of a grand colonial manor, though has not strayed from its past as a private estate. It offers luxury rooms, suites and villas that feature modern conveniences and outstanding amenities.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island was voted “Top Spa Resort” by readers of Conde Nast Traveler and is one of the most elegant all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. This couples-only haven has a spectacular location, offshore private island and more which make for one unforgettable wedding.
You can visit the Bahamas tourism site for all the information you need to know about getting married in the Bahamas.
Need a Nassau, Bahamas wedding photographer?
SnapKnot has many photographers listed in different destinations around the world. If you are planning a destination wedding you can search for photographers in any location in our Find Photographers search. Here are a few wedding photographers listed in Nassau, Bahamas:
- Optimaxx Photography
- Delton Barrett Photography
- Mario Nixon Photography
- Ash Henderson Photography
- Bahamas Wedding Productions Photography and Film